Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anniversary

{Warning: cheesy post, don't read if you gag when hearing about other people's lovey dovey lives!}

Yesterday was our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Wow, I can't believe how FAST this year FLEW by! Oh my heck, it was the greatest year of my life. I have the greatest husband, we have such a perfect relationship, my life is so good! Chris is everything I ever could have dreamed of in a man. He literally is the perfect person for me, he is my other half, we have such a good balance together. I love him more than words can describe. 

To celebrate our first year, we went to Massage Envy for a couples massage.
Aww it was heavenly. I NEED the pre-natal massage pillow wedge things, it felt like I was laying on a cloud for an hour.
Here's us all relaxed after our massages

We ate a piece of our wedding cake!
It was actually surprisingly good still, had a little freezer-burn, but whatever, what can you expect after a full year in the freezer?! It was almond poppy seed (minus the poppy seeds [I didn't want poppy seeds getting in my teeth at our wedding reception haha]) and it still smelled like perfection. The lady who did our cake, Cindy at Heritage Gardens, is a really good cake maker! YUM!
Chris and I agreed that we didn't want to exchange gifts or anything since we would be getting massages together and we like to save money for our baby and other necessary things. I wasn't going to do anything, but decided to do just a little something for Chris since he does so many sweet things for me. I got 12 white balloons (1 for each month we have been married), and wrote 1 thing I love about him on each balloon. I thought this would be more meaningful to him than just a card or note. 
 
It turned out pretty cute and Chris absolutely loved it

Anyway, it really has been the most perfect year of my life. I cherish every minute I get to spend with my sweet husband, he treats me like a princess. Speaking of which, the other day I heard a married woman say these exact words, "Disney gave me unrealistic expectations about men" and I kind of chuckled but then started thinking...Chris is better than ANY prince charming on any Disney movie, Disney just gave me a glimpse of what my life WOULD become. I'm so blessed.

6 comments:

  1. You two are SO cute!! Happy one year! 2nd year gets even better! ;) Can't wait to see your cute little Vivien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you guys are cute. I totally know what you mean about the massage! Wasn't it the best thing ever? I went to Salt Lake Prenatal Massage and it was the best thing I could have done for my poor pregnant body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing how happy you are and I love knowing I'm not the only one who likes to gush about their hubby! Happy Anniversary! You two are adorable together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The balloons were such an adorable idea! Congrats you two, I hope the next year is just as exciting and happy as the last :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Such a cute balloon idea. And really, it does just keep getting better :)

    ReplyDelete