Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's been too long

Holy cow, I have been a slacker when it comes to this blog! I have a hard time spending too much time blogging though when I want to be spending time with our sweet baby Viv! Well, unlike most of my posts, I can say that A LOT has been going on, life has completely changed. Taking care of a baby is super hard and very tiring, but it's SO worth it for our little princess. [If you'd like to read about Viv's first 2 months, go to higleybaby.blogspot.com]

Being a mother is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Being a mom was (and still is) my life-long dream, I always thought that I would be this super mom who was able to do everything effortlessly. I love every minute of it, but there is so much more to motherhood than just dressing your baby up in cute dresses and snuggling. 

Vivien wakes up 2 times during the night to eat, so that's about 2 hours of sleep I lose each night, plus she wakes up at 6 or 7 each morning, I run on very little sleep these days. It's really hard to exercise because it wears me out the next day (I feel fine while working out), and between the sleepless nights and playing mom all day, it's pretty tough to function at my best when my body is beat.

Despite my extreme tiredness, I'm loving motherhood. We love to get out of the house, I think we've been to Target about 23433 times since Viv was born. Going on walks is really fun, I can't wait until it's a bit cooler outside so we can go on daytime walks. We have had a few play dates with other moms and babies, I love doing this and talking about/seeing my friends cute babies! 
[She looks so chubby, which is funny because she is SO skinny haha]


Chris is doing really well. He loves being a dad. He works for the Attorney General and has an internship with a judge in SLC. I think he really enjoys using some of the things he has learned in school in real life. He starts his 2L year this month! I can't believe it, doesn't it seem like just yesterday we were waiting to hear back from schools?! Chris has been SO supportive of me, constantly compliments me, and is sweeter than ever, I sure love that Chris. 

We love being parents to the sweetest little angel in the world. She is growing up TOO fast. We love her with all our hearts.





1 comment:

  1. She is such a sweetie! You're right being a mom is hard. I didn't think it would be this hard because I've been around babies and practically raising other people's children for 14 years. But now that it's my own it's a different ball game. But my, what joy it brings to our lives!

    ReplyDelete