Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had good Valentine dates this weekend! A few weeks ago, I told Chris that I wanted to "camp" for Valentines. I wanted to set up a tent in our living room and pretend that we were camping. I kind of forgot about the idea because we didn't have a tent and it didn't seem so practical. So whatever. Yesterday, I worked until 3, I came home and found this.
Chris is the sweetest man in the whole world.

The night was perfect, of course. Chris took me to my favorite place, the Cheesecake Factory. We figured that since 1. It's Valentine's 2. It's the Cheesecake Factory, we would have to get there extra early if we wanted to get a table before 9 pm. We left the house at 4 and arrived at 4:30. There was already a line (out the door) to even get your name on the list. It ended up working out perfectly. There was an hour wait, so we sat down at 5:30 and got our food around 6. I love that place. YUM! We ate WAY too much though, that's why we ONLY go there on special occasions!
This year
Last year

Ya know why this year was 293847 times better? BECAUSE WE'RE MARRIED!

Then, (this is extra sweet of Chris) we went and saw Gnomeo and Juliet. It was cute, but it was no Disney movie. The theatre was full of little kids, I actually love that situation because I absolutely love hearing little kids laugh. The CUTEST kids were sitting on both sides of us. I love that kids will just say whatever is on their mind. "Oh no! Watch out Gnomeo!!"
It ended up being the perfect night. We came home, got ready for bed, and camped out in our cute living room tent! I'm so grateful for my amazing husband. He is so incredible and makes my life SO happy.
I love being married. I love cooking and cleaning and having a lot of US time! I am enjoying all of this time before law school because I get Chris all to myself for a few more months. We hear that all of the schooling will steal my husband away for a few years. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for this. I'm not too worried because we both work hard at our relationship. An important part of our budget is "Date Night" every week. We also started having Family Home Evening, we want to be in the habit by the time we have kiddies.
We received this book at a wedding shower, it has great and easy ideas for FHE as a newlywed couple!

OH and back to law school, the night we came home from our honeymoon, we had a letter on our counter. We thought it was just another law school brochure, but we opened it and it was Chris's first law school ACCEPTANCE letter! It was to Lewis and Clark in Oregon. Congrats to my wonderful husband! We are so anxious to hear from the other schools now. It's so crazy not knowing where we'll be in only a few months!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend with their lovers, I sure did. Thanks for reading XO!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Congratulations Chris!! That is so exciting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! Great thinking on getting to Cheesecake early - that place is NEVER easy to walk right into. I love the tent idea, so cute! And I'm so glad you're loving every bit of being married.

    Good luck on the other law school applications and CONGRATS on your first acceptance letter! This "unknown" part of your marriage is a lot fun so enjoy the guessing and wondering what life holds up ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great minds think alike! we went camping on valentines day too!
    (this is jd by the way) and congrats Mr. Higley on your first acceptance letter. YOU Rock

    ReplyDelete