Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MARRIED

It's been so long! There is just too much to talk about! We'll start with the wedding day.

We woke up on January 25th and it was snowing pretty badly, NOOOO! I was so sad, it hadn't snowed for weeks, and it was a blizzard the morning of my wedding. I woke up at 6 even though I didn't have to be to the temple until 10. I did my make up, my mom and I did my hair (I shouldn't have been so stressed about the hair). It wasn't anything fancy, but I loved it. We arrived at the temple, and were married for time and all eternity shortly after. The ceremony was amazing. Miraculously, my make up didn't get one smudge during all of my crying.
When it was time for pictures, we looked outside and magically it had stopped snowing and the temple grounds looked gorgeous!. So, I'm glad it wasn't snowing anymore and everything, but this was the only bad part of the day...it was FREEZING and we had to do a lot of pictures and video-ing. I literally almost passed out because I was so cold. It was miserable out there, but at least I had my HUSBAND to hold me tight.

The reception was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! People always say, "Oh our wedding was good, little things here and there went wrong but that's what makes it fun"...well we CAN'T say that at all. Not one thing went wrong. The night was 32432 times better than I ever could have dreamed. Every single little detail was perfect. I was obsessed with our cake. Our candy table was adorable. The pictures were perfect. The food was great. The decorations were fabulous. The flowers were gorgeous. All of our friends and family were there. Chris and I were officially husband and wife. I could just go on and on about the perfectness of it all.
Side note: Before the wedding, Chris had been working 60 hour work weeks. I just thought work was really busy. But when we walked into Heritage Gardens for our reception, I saw why Chris had spent so much time at work lately. He had made me a cedar chest as a wedding gift. It is beautiful. He spent hours and hours on it, he is the sweetest man in the whole world. I love it! Here are some pictures, just ignore the couch's reflection on top haha.


We stayed at Little America in the honeymoon room on the top floor that night. On the table there were roses, chocolate covered strawberries (the chocolate looked little little tuxes, pics are on Chris's camera, I will put them on later), and Martinelli's (which I couldn't drink of course, but it sure smelled good!), and a key with our names and anniversary date on it. Just like the rest of the day, it was perfect.

The next morning we woke up at 4:30am to catch our flight. We went down to our car and the battery was dead. Ok, no big deal, we'll just jump it, right? We try to take the key out...it was stuck in the ignition (stupid American cars). We couldn't find the battery, so we look in the owners manual thing, the battery is in the trunk. The whole car is electronic so we can't pop the trunk...which is where Chris's luggage was. So, we had to just call a taxi, leave all of Chris's stuff, and have my parents deal with the car while we were gone. We bought Chris some cheap clothes when we got to Mexico and he was set. Wouldn't it be nice to be a guy sometimes haha!?

Our honeymoon was amazing! We stayed in THEE coolest hotel in the whole country of Mexico. There really isn't much to tell, we mostly just relaxed. We painted a lot of pottery, took tons of naps, ordered room service, played in the pool, kind of got in the ocean once (neither of us love the ocean too much), and just hung out! We read a whole book together while we were down there, it's called The Maze Runner, I LOVED it. So good! I highly recommend it, especially to all of you Hunger Games fans!
I loved being with Chris 24/7. It was the greatest thing ever. I knew it wouldn't be, but for my whole life I really hoped that my honeymoon wouldn't be like Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Snow's on Just Married.

View from our room.
Mmm mmm!
Eatin' guac by the pool.
I spy with my little eye...an iguana!
Our favorite thing to do!
Ribs!
I didn't eat any Mexican food all week haha!
Ouch!

Everyone at our resort was about 75 years old. Everyone could tell that we were newly weds and they would always talk to us. They would say, "How did your pottery turn out?" and we would be like, "Great!" while we were really thinking "Uhh who are you? Have I seen you before??" (all the grannies started looking the same and we couldn't remember who we had talked to previously haha!

So, to summarize everything real quick. The wedding was perfect. The reception was perfect. The honeymoon was perfect. My husband is perfect, oh yeah I forgot to mention this, I love living with him, it's SO fun! Thank you everyone for all of your love and support, all of your help with the wedding, and just for EVERYTHING. It was the most perfect day/week of my life.

4 comments:

  1. I had my reception at Heritage Gardens too :]] You looked pretty love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Congratulations!! you're wedding was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I saw your blog on facebook and hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog list haha :)

    I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding...but from what I can see, it was BEAUTIFUL! Your pictures turned out great, and I LOVE your dress! You looked gorgeous! And can I just say...you are looking SKINNY girl! (not that you were ever fat before....) but you look awesome! Haha love you girl! Hope to see you around!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are amazing! You looked gorgeous! glad everything turned out great! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete