Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wyoming

Last week, Chris and I had the opportunity to put on our camping faces and head to Yellowstone. We stayed in a hotel in Idaho Falls on Tuesday night, then finished the drive to Yellowstone the next morning. There are a lot of really pretty things to see there. Here is the gist of what we did:
  • Visited some cool colorful pool things (yes, that's basically the technical term for them)
  • Saw Old Faithful (which apparently is becoming more OLD than FAITHFUL)
  • Camped with a lot of little critter guys (again with the technical terms)
  • Fell asleep for the night while the sun was still up (typical Cami and Chris behavior for ya)

The plan was to camp in Yellowstone for 2 nights, BUT [just like Jim Gaffigan] I'm kind of what you'd call "indoorsy" and 1 night was enough for me. So, Thursday morning we headed to Cowley, Wyoming [population 680] to visit Chris's brother Scott and his family. Elesa just had a baby a month ago, the whole family went up for little Gideon's baby blessing.

Staying at Scott and Elesa's was SO fun, I was so bummed when we had to leave. They have a really cute house with a HUGE lot (like an acre or something). Here is what we did:
  • Rode 4-wheelers
  • Took family pictures
  • Made a Batman cake
  • Did cool [illegal in Utah for a reason] fireworks
  • Held the baby
  • Ate a ton of good food
  • Went to the baby blessing
  • Enjoyed the down time
This is our nephew, Alex. He is thee cutest little guy around. We wanted to take him home with us. Poor little guy fell down the concrete steps and landed right on his face, that's why his little nose is all cut in the 2nd picture. It was SO nice of Scott and Elesa to let all 22 of us Higley's stay in their house, it was pure chaos, but so much fun!

We have nephews named Beckam and Jensen, they are hilarious, here are some of their finest moments from the trip.

Beckam (age 4)
"I eat paper. Why won't someone just give me some paper RIGHT NOW!"

My bro-in-law Matt was backing up a trailer, it wasn't going so well and he said, "Oh s***" Beckam then says,
"I said that word this morning...TWICE! I like to say swear words. I'm thinking of a swear word in my head right now"

"I hope we find a full skeleton, that way I can pull his arms off and punch him in the face with his own hand"

We were driving in the car, Beckam killed a fly with his hand, then licked the spot where it was smashed. HAHAHA I DIED LAUGHING!

"I eat dog food!"

Jensen (age 5)

It was his birthday on Saturday, he opened his 1st present, it was a slip-n-slide, he looked at it, started bawling, and says,
"I don't liiiiiiike it"

"Daddy, don't say syphilis"

We have a nephew named Apollo, he was sitting in the car, Jensen opens the door and says,
"Hey Pablo!"

We were out riding 4-wheelers and I could hear someone shouting "HELP HELP!" So I followed the voice to the back of the car, and there's Jensen hanging upside down hooked on the trailer hitch, his pocket had gotten snagged and he was just dangling there. It was all I could do to stop laughing long enough to even help the poor kid.

All in all, it was a great little trip! We don't get to spend a lot of time with Chris's side of the family because they live all over the place, so it was so nice to get everyone together. It's only happened 1 other time since I have known Chris, and that was for our wedding!

This picture doesn't have to do with anything, I just thought it was funny. Chris has to read a law school book before orientation on August 15th, this is how it usually goes...
That's my cute huband, just doing one of his very favorite things, which happens to be something he is very good at also haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment