Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh Christmas tree

Ok, as promised, here is a picture of our cute Christmas tree. Please ignore the fact that it is kind of sparse.
Chris moved into our new home! It's SO nice having him live 40 minutes closer to me. Driving home is bareable barable bearable...is that even a word? Why do all these spellings seem so wrong, whatever. I can't wait until I get to finally live there with him. It's in my grandparent's basement apartment, so it's decorated like we're back in 1968...in Africa. But it's ok, we're just happy to have a great place to live until we head off to law school.

I had my first ever bridal shower on Saturday. It was SOOO fun! My friends did an AMAZING job at putting it together! It was a perfect night, I loved getting to see everyone. I'm having another one this Saturday, it's a shower for my family, I can't wait to get everyone together!

I have an important question for everyone... WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS PUT IN YOUR STOCKING? My mama always put these types of things:
  • An orange
  • Underwear
  • Candy
  • Make up
  • Toothbrush
  • Deodorant
  • Socks
  • Etc.
I asked Chris what his mom put in theirs and they did completely different things than us! I had never once thought that people do different things than our family (I know, kind of dumb of me). So what are some different things that you get in YOUR stockings? I'm trying to get Chris's together and I need a few more ideas.

Here is one thing that I made for his stocking. It's a jar of candy and nice thoughts about him. So, every time he takes out a candy, he has to take out a little thought. It was cheap and easy to make, hopefully he'll like it!
We went and saw Tangled on Friday. SOOO GOOD! There have been so many AMAZING movies lately. Chris and I decided it sucks because we want to BUY all of them when they come out haha! But really Tangled is SO good, GO SEE IT! NOW!

Well better go study for my anthropology final, it's tonight. One more week and then it's ADIOS UVU! Thanks for reading. XO. 

7 comments:

  1. ooooh I'm going to steal your sweet thoughts idea if that's ok.

    IN our stockings we got the same things except and orange.

    James' parents do candy, gum, money, vitamins, pens, and orange. Ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Cami. I LOVE reading your posts!! So glad you blog! Instead of commenting on all your posts, i'll just comment on one... Your engagements are so cute! :) And you have a little over a month till the big day! ENJOY it & cherish this time with your family. It goes by so quickly! I love married life but there were and still are times I really miss my mom. ;) I cant even imagine having to move out of state. But it seems so fun! I wish you the best of luck! & Merry Christmas (Happy Birthday) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jessica, of course you can, I got the the jar at Hobby Lobby and the ribbon at Roberts, then I just wrote "sweet thoughts" and stuck it on with glue dots. Go right ahead and make one, let me know how James likes it!

    And Ashlyn, thanks! I like reading other peoples blogs way more than writing my own haha! It's so exciting, I can't believe how quick the wedding is coming, looooong engagement has gone by SO fast. And yes, I'm super nervous to move away from my mom, she is dying too haha! I hear it's good to get away when you're first married though, I'lllet know know if that's true or not haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww cute lil tree! I need to blog about ours too! Its our first! (since we didnt have enough room last year, since we lived in my room) That jar of thoughts is cute too. I want to make something homemade for johnny. got any ideas???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I normally get what you get in your stocking too. Sometimes I'll get a planner or something like that! I am taking Ally to see Tangled Saturday I hope. I can not wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. our stockings had a HUGE pack of gum from costco, money, giftcards, candy, and music :) And I seriously can't wait to see you guys at the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In our stockings I put chapstick, DVD's, gum, chips, beef jerky, small games, playing cards, pens, lots of candy, maybe like some shaving gel, or razors for guys, beanies, gloves,etc.

    ReplyDelete