Tuesday, December 21, 2010

There's an app for that

Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the temple to do baptisms. I'll be able to tell all of the cute old people that in  just over a month I'll be able to finally go upstairs.


I'm so happy to be marrying Chris in the temple. Just the THOUGHT of not being with him forever makes my heart want to break. I'm so glad that we have the opportunity to spend our lives together on Earth AND for eternity after that. It wasn't until I met Chris that I realized how important FOREVER is.

Yesterday, we had my birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It's by far my favorite place to eat. My dad is getting old and had to get out his flashlight app on his phone, he used it all through dinner. It IS pretty dark in there, it's almost as bad as Hollister. Chris bought me a Nike running hoodie and a Nike iPod sensor. You put it on your shoelace and it's synced with your iPod. It tells you how fast/far you've run. Also, when you start slowing down, it starts playing faster music to pump you up! I love my sweet boy, thanks Christopher.
My parent's gift to me is 17 days away...I'm getting a bit nervous about Lasik. I have tried to not think about it too much. Normal Lasik takes about 12 seconds per eye and the recovery time is a little over 1 day. MY Lasik will be different. I am legally blind, so it will take about 45 seconds per eye, with a recovery time of 10 DAYS! Yikes, that's a lot of recovery. It will surely be a small miracle when I can see without glasses or contacts. I got glasses in 1st grade and contact in 3rd. I DON'T know what it's like to just SEE. 


218 days down, 34 to go! Never have a long engagement.


I sure love this boy.

Thanks for reading. XO.

1 comment:

  1. That Nike Ipod thingymagigger sounds cool! I wanna test it out! haha. The temple is AMAZING..I can't WAIT to be there with you two and enjoy the special day!!

    ReplyDelete