Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Butterfly Effect

Isn't it incredible (and kind of scary) how one little thing can turn into a life-altering chain of events? Everyone has their stories, this is mine.

One day in August 2009, my dad called me and asked if I would like to go to New York with him. I had so many reasons to stay home, but how could I pass up an opportunity like that? So, two weeks later, it was just my dad and me in the city that never sleeps. New York is indescribable, it feels like a whole different world, you HAVE to experience it for yourself to appreciate its vast size, busy-ness, and feeling!

We went to a Met's game, saw Wicked on Broadway, viewed the whole city from the top of the Rockefeller building, ran in Central Park, and most importantly went to 2 Yankee's games. Why would going to a baseball game be so important? Well, before the 2nd game started, my dad and I went into a little Yankee's souvenir shop and bought a cute Yankee's jacket for me. The week ended too quickly and we went back home to our normal lives.





2 months later, it was mid-semester and the MLB postseason, the Yankee's were playing the Angel's, so I decided to wear that Yankee's jacket to class. Before leaving my house, I told my mom, "A boy is going to talk to me today because of this outfit." I was kind of joking, kind of serious. I got to my Abnormal Psychology class a few minutes early and I sat in my normal seat near the door. A handsome boy, whom I had never talked to, walked in, looked right at me, and said, "Yankee's huh?"


I had a million reasons to decline my dad's offer to impulsively go to New York that August: I would miss the whole 1st week of fall semester, I was participating in a triathlon 2 days after we would get home, I would have to ask for time off work... BUT It's a good thing I accepted his offer because that handsome boy who said, "Yankee's huh?" is now my husband.



3 comments:

  1. Awe Cami, I love the story!!! It was truely meant to happenen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its crazy cuz i totally remember when this happened! Its so true how one little thing can change your whole life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute story! And when you do you have kids they will be super adorable!

    ReplyDelete