Monday, March 7, 2011

My 2 new loves...


I discovered something new that I LOVE... and I think Chris loves my recent discovery even more than I do (drum roll please...)

COOKING!


My mom is an AMAZING cook. She also likes to do things on her own. So, I knew basically NOTHING about cooking my whole life. While we were engaged, I kept getting more and more nervous about the idea of having to cook for my husband each day when I had never cooked a meal in my life.

Turns out, it's really not that hard! And I love it! I love planning everything out and seeing it all come together! Chris is so sweet, he lets me take pictures of our dinner everyday before we eat... here are some of our favorites so far.

Pork Tacos


Steak Fajitas
OHHH my gosh, these were AMAZING!!!

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
(aww cute, my 1st casserole)


Stir Fry with Lo Mein Noodles

But sometimes on date night....we just go out for Chinese food.

My oh-so-serious/focused (and handsome) husband driving. After we went and ate Chinese food, we drove up to the Draper Temple for quick drive-by. I'm so jealous of the people who live right across the street from the temple, how AMAZING would that be to walk out your front door each day?! I'm not complaining, of course. We're so blessed to have THREE temples in sight!

My 2nd new love is...

ZUMBA!

I'm pretty obsessed. It's SO fun, it goes by way fast so you barely even realize the AMAZING workout you're getting! PLEASE COME WITH ME! Wednesdays, 6pm, at the gym. Also, I got some Zumba videos that I do almost everyday at home in my living room. I would love company!


On my most recent post, I told you that Chris had 2 letters waiting from Houston and Alabama. Turns out 1 was an ACCEPTANCE LETTER (to Houston) and the other was just Alabama informing us that they received our financial aid application. Lame. So we are still waiting to hear their decision. I'm LOVING the Houston Temple.
So gorgeous!

For FHE tonight, Chris and I did the P90X workout called Kenpo X. I love working out with my boy. I can't wait for it to warm up so we can start running together again.

Anyway, thanks for reading! XO

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to try Zumba so bad! It looks so fun! I'm a pretty picky eater and the stuff you make actually looks pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete