Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Best weekend. Ever.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I unexpectedly got the whole past weekend off of work. We had planned to go down to Mesquite to visit Chris's parents but they ended up coming up here for a funeral for a friend of theirs. SO, that meant Chris and I got the WHOLE weekend together! 

Friday:
After work, we went to the park near our house and went for a nice long run. I LOVE running with Chris, best workout partner ever! After getting ready, we made cake balls and stayed up late watching Harry Potter 7. Late = 11! 


Saturday:
Chris woke me up at 4:30 AM, he couldn't sleep, so we stayed awake and talked for a long time, then finally dozed back off. Next thing we knew, we were waking up to the sound of birds chirping, NOT the sound of our alarm clock (first time since our honeymoon). We then made an awesome breakfast. Eggs, toast, strawberries, and bacon (for Chris, not me, bleh). Then we cleaned our whole house. I LOVE when our house is spotless, it makes me so happy! After that, we headed to the park for another run! Then it was off to Mama's house, we cleaned both of our cars, inside and out! Since we were outside for more than 2 minutes, we both got a little bit of a TAN! To end the day off, Chris' friend Matt came over for dinner, we watched an episode of Prison Break, then went to bed.


Sunday:
Stake Conference. It was FREEZING in the chapel. I wanted to learn all sorts of good things so we sat on the very front row! It was great! Minus the part where a chick mentioned something about "the 9th inning stretch" at a Bee's game...it's okay, it was the thought that counted. Then we went to my parent's house, did laundry, ate dinner with the missionaries, and watched some more Prison Break. 


Moral of the story: 
When your "best weekend ever" consists of cooking, cleaning, and exercising...you might be getting old. Just kidding, the best part about it was being able to spend so much time with my sweet husband! It was the 1st weekend we have had all to ourselves since we've been married, so it was really special.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I love those kinds of weekends with Johnny :) (in our case its not work its HOMEWORK) But I love it when he is homework free! Haha guess its only gonna get worse for the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are like our younger, funner, and more attractive "Dopleganger"! :-) I have Google set to notify me whenever our names come up. It's always so funny when I get a notice that "Cami & Chris had the "Best Weekend Ever"... and it isn't even us. I mean, what are the chances? Anyway, it's always fun to read your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute couple! I wish I could say my weekends were productive like yours! and Prison Break is amazing! We have like 10 more episodes and then we're done! Not sure what I'm going to do to pass the time :(

    ReplyDelete