Thursday, April 21, 2011

MISSION CALL!!

I know that this is like my 3rd post of the week, but this is the most important one yet!
Yesterday I woke up and I was super nervous! Why? Because later that evening my brother Tyler would be opening his mission call. Chris and I both had to work until 7, and that was when friends and family were supposed to gather at my parent’s house. We both hurried over, everyone had been waiting on the Higley’s! There were SO many people there to support Ty, which made me very happy. Everyone pinned a flag of their guesses on the map. I guessed Italy and Georgia (yes, I cheated and went with 2 instead of 1) and Chris picked Costa Rica.
Ty opening his call
Reading the call.
This was about the time when I broke down in tears.

Elder Park has been called to serve in the Florida Orlando mission! He leaves September 14, 2011!!

Mama and Ty
Our future missionary!

I am so excited for him! What a great place to serve the Lord. He is SUCH an amazing person. He will be the best missionary Florida has ever seen. I'm so proud of Ty, he is such a good example to everyone around him. The people in Orlando will be so blessed to meet him.

I'm going to miss him so much! My poor mom, 2 missionaries out at the same time. How great are my brothers to go out and spread the Gospel?! Wow, I'm proud of them!

My cute friends came to support!
Who doesn't love a good post-cry pic?

ORLANDO!

Tyler will live in the SAME CITY as my BFF Harry P!

ORLANDO!!!
I'm just SO excited for him!
Congrats Ty!

3 comments:

  1. That is such a great post! You have to be the cutest sister ever! I'm sure he'll be an amazing missionary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Tyler!! Wow, BOTH boys out at once - you're mother is a Saint! Missionaries are the best, your brother is going to be a part of so many amazing things :) What a great post - I'm so glad you shared.

    And you better believe my first thought when I read "Orlando" was our good friend Harry Potter, also! You know you're a true fan when....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for him!! I am sad I wasn't able to come over!! It will be crazy for your parents if you move away...there will be three of you gone! Only Cole will be left! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete