Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco de Mayo miracle

Chris and I had the best Cinco de Mayo ever! We got home from work, went on a great run in the warm sun, rode a scooter for a while, came home and made some Mexican food. We ate steak fajitas and lime tortilla chips. Yum! Afterwards, we sat down to watch the Prison Break episode I had downloaded on my lap top. We click play, hear the regular music, and then...it was all is SPANISH. Without missing a beat, Chris looks at me and says, "It's a Cinco de Mayo MIRACLE!" We died laughing for like 10 minutes and then downloaded it in English. OH MAN, I love my husband!
Last Saturday, we had a friend game/dessert night at our house. Chris and I wanted to be creative with our dessert. This is what we decided to do:
Cut bananas into 3 or 4 chunks

Hollow the bananas out

Peel the bananas and dip them in chocolate

Let them harden

Fill them with icecream

BITE SIZED BANANA SPLITS!!
They were delish!

I have been trying to be crafty lately, we don't have many home decorations, and I don't want to buy any before we have our own place, so I have decided to make some! Here is my first craft, the flowers were much easier to make than I expected, and they are SO cute!
Mama and I are in the middle of making an AMAZING creation, you'll just have to wait and see...we should be finished this week.

So, I LOVE making new meals, tonight we tried something very new...
Mini lasagna!
With regular lasagna, I feel that there is always a TON left over, I didn't want to waste so much food, plus I love everything mini.
I made them with wonton wrappers, the usual lasagna fillings, and a muffin pan. They were really fun to make and tasted really good! I think Chris ate 5!

Maybe I need to just make a food blog...?

"If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is."

Lately I have been really trying to live in the present. I have always been really bad at it. It seems like I'm always looking forward to something in the future:

I can't wait to be engaged
I can't wait to be married
I can't wait to get to law school
I can't wait to have kids
I can't wait to have a house
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I feel that living this way is a good way to miss out on life. Of course we need to plan for the future, but for now, I'm enjoying life exactly as it is.

I love all the time I get with my husband
I love that we're able to save money right now
I love this weather
I love our basement apartment
I love the mystery of not knowing what life has in store for us
I love our cute simple cars
I love being so close to my family

Seize from every moment its unique novelty, and do not prepare your joys.  ~André Gide

Life couldn't be better!

3 comments:

  1. Ok those mini lasagna's look DELICIOUS!! I need to get the recipe from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SHOULD make a food blog! Mine is currently under construction :) I want to have a good amount of recipes on there before I let the world see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please do make a food blog!!! I want to try the mini banana splits and the mini lasagnas!

    ReplyDelete