Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween festivities

Happy REAL Halloween!!!

First things first: Late Friday night Chris and I checked LSAC.org (website that will have his LSAT score), no score was posted. We were super disappointed because now we'd have to wait the whole weekend for it to come. We got up at 6:30 yesterday for the half marathon and Chris decided to check the website once more, just in case. "IT'S HERE, CAMI!" I could tell that he was happy. I run over to him...163...SO GOOD! I'm so proud of him! He is in the 88th percentile of people who have taken the LSAT, he is AMAZING! He immediately gets onto the law school predictor website (it tells you how likely you are to get into each law school based on your GPA and LSAT), he has a very high chance of getting into Oregon WITH a scholarship!

Yesterday was the half marathon. Mom finished first in the family, then Cole, then Ty, then me. No surprises there! I was just happy to finish! Let me just tell you how SORE I am today...I can barely walk, that is NOT an exaggeration. The Halloween Half is 5 miles downhill so it works really different muscles that I'm used to. Happy it's over with!!!







For Halloween, we made cake bites, they were good (yes, I enjoyed a day off the diet yesterday, I figured running 13 miles earned me some candy, chocolate, and bread).
  • Make a cake as the instructions say
  • Crumble the cake into a big bowl
  • Mix in a thing of frosting (with your hands)
  • Make little balls and put them on tin foil
  • Put them in the freezer for like 20 minutes
  • Dip them in chocolate candy coating

Then we dressed up as Axl Rose from Guns N Roses and his groupie. Chris got the idea when we went to the Hard Rock Cafe in California, he saw an Axl Rose coat made from a flag, he loved it. We went to a party at a Mortuary, Allyssa and Noah live there. It was fun! Beth and Johnny made an amazing Family Feud game, I was impressed! It was fun to see everyone!




And like everyone else, I'm loving the new Taylor Swift CD! One last thing, now that Halloween is over, I'm ready for CHRISTMAS! We will be watching Elf after church today. I sure hope I can walk. Thanks for reading. XO.

3 comments:

  1. Woo Chris! Good job being smart!!! I love the costumes. SO cute!! Oh & good job to you! Who cares if you finished last in the family. At least you finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I LOVE your costumes! How fun! GOOD JOB on the half!! And holy moly Chris!! Talk about genius. Ah so many exciting things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Halloween! And congratulations to Chris on such a great LSAT score. That is impressive!

    So is your family running a half marathon. What the heck?! Are you guys even human over there?! I promise I would die before I got to the finish line. Very nice Parks.

    ReplyDelete