Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday

Hey, it's Cami! Ok let's be serious, probably about 99% of postings are going to be me, Chris says he'll get on and write stuff buuuut.... I'll believe it when I see it muchacho!

Thursday was my day off, so Mama and I went to La Caille to kind of get an idea of what I want the groomals to look like. I am obsessed with the place. The colors are just to DIE for. But my favorite part was probably the duck with wishful thinking....he wanted to be a flamingo so bad.







So anyway, that's just a sample (with my amateur photography skills) of what's to come.

There aren't a lot of things that scare me too badly, but Thursday I experienced one of my fears. I was just showering, minding my own business, and BOOM! suddenly it's pitch black. What in the heck are you supposed to do in that situation? I poked my head out of the shower curtain wondering, "Is there a killer in my room that knows I'm terrified of showering in the dark... Or did the power just go out?" I kept poking my head out of the curtain every 4 seconds (just to be safe, of course). But don't worry, I'm still here, clearly we just lost power for a minute. After this traumatic situation, I got out, dried off, and walked to my closet to pick an outfit. Absentmindedly, I flip my closet light switch to the ON position because I couldn't see anything, nothing happened obviously. I felt silly. Moral of this story: I am very grateful for electricity, I take advantage of how easily we can access it at (almost) all times.

So I have this thing against motorcycles (no offense to any of you die-hard Harley Davidson fans). Friday I was getting ready for work at 6:30 am, when suddenly I hear this stupid motorcycle driving around my neighborhood, back and forth for at least 15 minutes. It was SOOOO loud that it probably woke every person up. It was fine for me because I was already up-and-at-em, but I thought it was so inconsiderate to everyone else who doesn't have to save grandmas before the sun comes up. So, just for future reference, don't show up to my house on your hog, I probably won't talk to you.

Speaking of saving grandmas, I want to share with you a couple of my favorite Rescue Alert subscriber's names, they're all for real. Bless their hearts.

  1. Mr. Buttkis

  2. Iwana Bone

  3. Mrs. Nicewanger

  4. Mrs. Slutsky (my favorite)
Yesterday, Chris and I spent about 4 and a half hours in the car...no, we didn't go to St. George, we were just STUCK IN THE WORST TRAFFIC UTAH HAS EVER SEEN. I was close to having a break down, but Chris (being the perfect person that he is) distracted me by asking what I would want to do if we won the $260 million lottery. That made me a little more cheery inside.

One last thing! Tonight I'm having a girls night with Court J., Shawna, and Court's friends from her ward. I'm excited, we're going to Chili's for dinner. Thanks boys for being so righteous and attending Priesthood :)

XO

3 comments:

  1. cami im so glad you started a blog... now i can keep up on your busy life! i miss you a ton and can't wait to see all of your pictures. they are going to turn out so cute! we really need to get together before you get married and move away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Butkiss hahah I love "It Takes Two"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami! I found your blog I hope its okay but im going to add you to my blog. jeremyandashlynhaaga.blogspot.com. Good luck with all the wedding planning and picture taking! I saw you guys are doing pic on Oct. 8th Today!! I hope the weather is great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete