Friday, June 10, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

We're back! And what a great week it was! We arrived on Saturday, got to our houseboat and found that the left motor didn't work, so we had to stay in the slip the whole time, which was noisy but fine. Saved the parents about $2000. It was great weather but the water was really bloody cold. I probably only got in the lake about 3 times the whole week! We had great company. My family + 2 of Cole's friends, CJ's family + 2 of the girl's friends, Grandma, and the Ward family. I tried to document some of my favorite quotes from the trip, but there were just TOO many funny things said.

Eliza: I couldn't hold it, so I did a full pee right there on the Target dressing room floor. 

Craig owns a landscaping business, someone who spoke Spanish called him, Joshy answered-
Joshy: First off...I don't speak Spanish

Chris: That crow is a Bird Ferguson

Eliza: I was wearing my Star Wars panties, I told the Target pee story, and I peed the floor again

Tyler: It really pissed me off...pun

At 7am, some workers started jack-hammering on the dock right next to our houseboat-
CJ: Well good morning...I guess it's time to get up

Tyler: He looks like a lion who has rolled around in a bog!
Cami: Do I look like a lion who has rolled around in a bog?
Chris: Always.

Little Joshy jumped from the boat to the houseboat, didn't get hurt or anything-
Joshy: Oh sh** 
Tubing-
Joshy: This ride is nuckin futs!

Sadie and Corky went skinny dipping on "Naughty Tuesday"-
Dad: Hopefully the carp don't see your kibbles and bits
Chris: Hopefully the girls don't have kibbles and bits

Dad: Today will be "French Wednesday", we won't wear deodorant and we'll have really bad attitudes

Dad: I'm getting so good at landing this boat, they're going to be calling me for seminars

It's really dangerous to drive your boat after the sun goes down. So, on Wednesday night, when we were all in bed up top, we were surprised to hear a boat. We all stood up and a big houseboat was coming into the slip. We were all dying at how stupid these people were. It's hard enough to park a houseboat in the light, let alone the pitch dark! It turned down our row, they were going really fast, and WABAMM the tail end of the boat ripped off another houseboat's slide!!!!!!!!!!! The slide is currently residing at the bottom of LP. Then, this other boat zooms into the slip next to us, the guy slams into the side  jumps out of the boat without even tying it to the dock. Chris ran down and tied the boat up. Lisa went down to the slide-destroying houseboat and asked if there was an emergency or something, because why else would they be coming in so quickly at 11:30 pm?! Nope, nothing was wrong. Just seemed like a great time to come back ??? We wondered if they were all drunk or something, but Lisa said that they were all wearing BYU clothes. After everything was finally settled down, for some reason, everyone was pretending to be British children who show up to their houseboat and their slide is gone.

Unknown: Don your cougar gear!

CJ: We strike at midnight! Under the cover of darkness! Turn off the lights and let's take out that slide!

Dad: When did Balfour show up?!

CJ: [British accent] But Father, some cougars came under the cover of darkness, took our slide, and just left some screws. We got screwed!

Tyler: [British accent] Father is gonna buy me a trolly ticket to Norwich if I go down the slide this year!

CJ: Dear Diary, came in kind of late today, ruined some British kid's dream. Be back next year, until then, go Cougs! 

Dad: They were just playing a very elaborate game of truth or dare

All in all, it was a grand ol' trip to the great Lake Powell. Chris and I weren't able to go to Moab because we had to drive with my Ma and Tyler, but that's ok! It will be nice to just have a nice relaxing weekend together.

Chris read The Count of Monte Cristo, he loved it
I read The Scorch Trials, I loved it
 I LOVED being in LP with my lover. There is nothing better than being on a boat ride, sun setting, sitting together in the front of the boat, holding hands with the love of your life. Aww, I highly recommend it. 

We were dumb. I brought my camera, dead battery, forgot the charger. Chris brought his camera, left it in the car. The only pics we have are on my mom's phone, so maybe some day I will add some pics! 



1 comment: